Proper Packing is the Key!
Box up as much as you can! Be sure to pack boxes fully and evenly distribute weight. Half empty boxes with things stacked on top are prone to collapsing and potentially damaging the items inside. Use packing paper or bubble wrap to secure any of your breakables to fill the empty spaces. Be conscious of your box sizes, mismatched shaped and sized boxes will impede your ability to organize and stack them effectively in your locker.
Prepare larger appliances for storage by:
- Defrosting your refrigerator/freezer
- Wrapping up mirrors and pictures in paper or bubble wrap to ensure safety.
- Disassembling tables and bedframes to save space.
- Consider purchasing a cover for couches and mattresses.
- Consider purchasing a wardrobe box for packing delicate clothing.